Accidental Drowning Attorney Orlando
Drowning can happen very quickly and with little or no warning. After only two minutes under water children lose consciousness and brain injury can occur between four and six minutes. Only children found within two minutes after being underwater survive without neurological damage… after four to six minutes under water, the damage is usually irreversible. Most drowning fatalities occur after the victim had been submerged for over 10 minutes.
At the Overchuck Law Firm, we handle drowning and near drowning cases throughout the state of Florida. People who survive a near-drowning can suffer lifelong consequences including severe, permanent hypoxic or anoxic brain damage. Death or serious injury often results from the failure of pool owners or hotels with beach access to take reasonable safety precautions under the circumstances. Drowning and near drowning incidents are almost always preventable.
Things to be aware of in an accidental drowning or near drowning case
If you or a loved one has been involved in a drowning or near-drowning here are some important facts that the our Accidental Drowning Attorney wants you to be aware of:
- Public pool operators have a duty to protect against foreseeable hazards by taking such measures as inspecting and maintaining pool fences, and keeping gates and locks in good working order to prevent unauthorized or unsupervised use of pools and spas.
- Secondly, Public pool operators must inspect and properly maintain pool or hot tub drain covers to prevent suction entrapment, hire qualified life guards, post warning signs, as well as provide appropriate life saving equipment.
- And third, Public pool operators must undertake such other safety measures as may be reasonable under the circumstances.
- Owners of swimming pools or hot tubs on private property, including apartment complexes and condominium associations are likewise required to protect against foreseeable risks by taking appropriate safety measures to prevent accidental drowning and may be held liable for failing to do so.
- Hotels and resorts with beach access have a duty to protect against foreseeable risks by implementing appropriate safety measures and a duty to warn guests of known hazards such as dangerous “rip currents” or “under-tows.” These hotels can be held liable for their negligence when someone is injured or killed as a result.
Hotels as well as the owners and operators of public pools, pools in private homes, apartment complex pools and condo association pools have liability insurance which covers them for personal injury or wrongful death claims arising out of accidental drowning which was caused by their negligence.
Your Orlando Accidental Drowning Attorney
Our accidental drowning attorney works relentlessly to obtain just compensation death or serious injury result from the failure of pool owners or hotels with beach access to take reasonable safety precautions under the circumstances. If someone you know has suffered serious injuries or has been killed in a drowning accident please contact a Florida accidental drowning attorney at The Overchuck law firm today.
At the Overchuck Law Firm we are committed to giving each client the time and attention he or she deserves. We work as a team so that our clients get the benefit of the collective skill and effort of our experienced and highly trained attorneys, paralegals and investigators.
Truly an amazing attorney.
This Law firm is exceptional!
The Overchuck Law Firm provides elite level customer service
I can’t say enough good things about John Overchuck and his law firm.
I cannot express my sincere gratitude and appreciation.