Orlando Intentional Tort Attorneys
A “tort” is an act that injures someone in some way, and for which the injured person may sue the wrongdoer for damages. Legally, torts are called “civil wrongs”, as opposed to “criminal wrongs”.
Several types of torts exist in our legal system and they are recognized by law as grounds for a lawsuit. These wrongs have resulted in an injury or harm and constitute the basis for a claim or lawsuit by the injured party.
Some torts are also “criminal wrongs” which makes them crimes punishable with imprisonment. But the primary aim of tort law is;
- To provide relief for the damages incurred
- Deter others from committing the same harms
An injured person may sue for an injunction to stop the torturous conduct or the injured person may sue for monetary damages under tort law negligence claims.
Torts fall into three general categories:
- Intentional torts (e.g., intentionally hitting a person) and are those wrongs which the defendant knew or should have known would occur through their actions or in-actions.
- Negligent torts (e.g. causing an accident by failing to obey traffic rules) occur when the defendant’s actions were unreasonably unsafe.
- Strict liability torts (e.g., liability for making and selling defective products) do not depend on the degree of carefulness by the defendant, but are established when a particular action causes damage.
Among the types of damages the injured party may recover are: loss of earnings capacity, pain and suffering, and reasonable medical expenses…both present and future expected losses.
The Intentional Tort Attorney at the Overchuck Law Firm may be available to represent you if a person or entity has intentionally caused injury to you such as;
- False imprisonment
- Exposure to a hazardous chemical
- Damages caused as a result of an intentional infliction of emotional distress
The Overchuck Law Firm
1503 West Smith Street
Orlando, FL 32804
Fax: (321) 285-0430
The Overchuck Law Firm
Join us on Social Media
I cannot express my sincere gratitude and appreciation.
The Overchuck Law Firm provides elite level customer service
Truly an amazing attorney.
This Law firm is exceptional!
I can’t say enough good things about John Overchuck and his law firm.
The Overchuck Law Firm...Reputation Matters...
Schedule Your FREE Consultation
Any type of personal injury does more than cause an injury. It can change your life. Not just your life but the lives of your family members. We are here to help.